During an emergency, we urge every member of the public to prioritize their safety and wellbeing. If you are a Lifeline Residential Services (LRS) customer who requires electricity for vital medical equipment, please have an emergency plan in place for potential service interruptions.
For general safety tips during a storm, consider:
- Keep flashlights, battery-operated radios and extra batteries on hand
- If your power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles to prevent fires
- Ensure you have a sufficient supply of water, food (non-perishable), medicines and gasoline
- Turn off power switches and unplug electronic equipment, such as televisions and computers
- If you own a generator, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and place in a well-ventilated area
- Never approach or touch a powerline, and report any electric emergency situation immediately by calling 1-844-888-5862 (LUMA)
Please note that restoring power may take time. To track any potential power outages, please follow us on social media. Twitter: @lumaenergypr. Facebook: @lumapuertorico.